Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Grilled Eggplant Tacos !!!

There has been so much happening last week that I couldn write. I have been baking a lot. I took part in the food bloggers bake sale in Portland, Oregon. I baked Rose-water Raspberry cupcakes and Coconut Haystack cupcakes. I had a lot of fun meeting new people and taking part in my first bake sale.

Though its still May, weather in Oregon has been great for the past couple of days. Weather in the 70's and 80's is simply a treat ! All I can think of when it gets closer to summer is BBQ, inviting friends over and cold drinks. Most times at the BBQ, I mostly see meat or burgers. There is not much veggie and fresh food. I like the idea of making tacos with grilled eggplants. I haven tried these on my grill yet           (made them on the stove) , but I do think these would turn out great. You should give them a try. 

Summer Grilling Ideas
Perfect Tacos for Summer 
So for the hot sunny days, when you don't want to cook and just take it easy, here is a simple recipe  - "Eggplant Tacos" with just 4 ingredients - eggplants, Brie cheese, hot sauce and cilantro. They take about 10 minutes to make and less than 10 to devour :). So enjoy these tacos with some cool lemonade.

Wash and slice eggplant into slices of medium thickness. Place on a dish, sprinkle with salt and keep aside for 20 - 30 mins. The salt will make the eggplants sweat releasing some of the water content. Squeeze the water out from the eggplant by keeping it between the palms of your hands and then placing on a kitchen tissue. In a large grilling pan/ pan , add a tbsp of olive oil and grill eggplant on both sides until browned. You can also do this in the oven at 400 F for 8 mins on each side. 

Grilled eggplant Taco
Egg plant Tacos

Once done remove the eggplants and let them cool. Meanwhile slice your cheese into cubes . Once the eggplants have cooled down add a slice of cheese, a dash of hot sauce and a few chopped sprigs of cilantro.

Tacos made with grilled eggplants
Tacos perfect for a light summer snack.


I love the idea of eating veggies this way, How do you eat your veggies on the grill? Do you make tacos with other veggies. Please post your thoughts in the comment section, I would love to hear what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take some time and leave me your valuable comments. Thanks