Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yoghurt Parfait

The weather has been funny here in Portland. On one side there are dark heavy clouds and then on the other side there is the sun shining in all its glory. And when you have dary heavy clouds and a bright sun, there is a rainbow somewhere. In the past few days I have seen at least around 4 rainbows in a week ! They are indeed beautiful and exciting. Rainbows have the power to make you believe in the good and beautiful.

Well with the funny weather, comes my hunger pangs :). I get really hungry, when the clock strikes three and I go on a hunt into my refrigerator and pantry, and sometimes eat nothing or just wait till I feel really hungry. Yesterday I noticed I had some mangoes, Yoghurt and frozen blueberries and decided to make a Parfait ! It's so easy and oh so filling. And well , I assume everyone has some fruit, cereal and yoghurt lying around at home. It's an easy dish to make and comes together in a few minutes.

IMG_3570
Yummy Yoghurt Parfait
I am sure you'll have fun making and eating it too.

* Yoghurt - 1/4 cup
* 2-3 tbps chopped fruit ( mangoes, strawberries, apples) fresh or frozen.
* Crushed cookies or sweetened cereal flakes.

Take a glass, add your chopped fruit. I had mangoes so i filled 1/4 of my cup with mangoes, Then on top of that goes the yoghurt again around 1/4 cup. I had some frozen wild blue berries, I add some of those on top of the yoghurt. For the final crunch you want to add either crushed cookies or some sweetened cereal that you might have at home !

IMG_3572
Cereal Crunch, is awesome..
That's it now,  Sit , eat and ENJOY !!!
IMG_3578
I am already hungry , looking at this pic .
IMG_3582
All DONE !! :D


- Yanka

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Yanka...I really enjoy a parfait they serve at my workplace with a bit of granola for crunch and lots of cantaloupe and melon chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harini, Yes having a parfait is so satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete

Please take some time and leave me your valuable comments. Thanks