Friday, October 7, 2011

Hellooo World !!!


Its been a while now, I have been wanting to write and I am glad I finally did it today. I will tell you a little bit about myself, I am Priyanka, live in Hillsboro, Oregon just graduated looking for a job and meanwhile reading, cooking and enjoying everything life has to offer.

The one thing that keeps me going these days is cooking, just about anything. So I decided to start this blog and share the recipes and some of my thoughts. Through my cooking I also slowly hope to discover the science behind cooking :) .. Well I hope you enjoying making these wonderful recipes, as I have loved and enjoyed making them.

My first recipe for today is something sweet and something spicy which goes well with your evening tea /coffee - "The Chai Masala Tea Cake"

For making this cake you will need the following Ingredients:

For the stuffing:
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp flour
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 - 3 tsp Chai Masala

* Mix all the ingredients together to make a course mixture which will be used as a stuffing and topping for the cake.

For the Batter
Flour - 1.25 cups ( 1 + 1/4 cups)
Salt - 1/8 th tsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking Powder -1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tbsp
Eggs - 2 
Yogurt - 3/4 cup
Unsalted Butter - 7 to 8 tbsp

* Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to avoid forming any lumps.
* In a mixing bowl cream together butter (softened) and sugar.
* Add the eggs one by one into the mixture. Make sure the eggs are blended well into the batter.
* Now in small batches add the sifted flour mixture and yoghurt to the mixture of eggs, sugar and butter.
* Add slowly to avoid forming lumps.

* Once the batter is prepared, take a medium/small baking loaf pan, grease with butter and dust with flour.
*Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, on this add 3/4 of the topping mix prepared earlier. The remaining topping will be added to the crust of the cake.
* Now add the remaining batter and coat with the topping.
* In the oven bake for 40-45 mins on 350F.

Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee !!!

Recipe adopted from showmethecurry.com recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take some time and leave me your valuable comments. Thanks