Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Grandma's Potatoes in indian spices

I have been wanting to write every week, but since I have started my marketing internship, my days have gotten very busy and hectic. This recipe is a traditional gujrati recipe and is my grandma's. My grandma is a great cook. She brings a lot of flavor into every dish with her magical hands. She taught me how to make this dish many years ago when I was in college, its been my fav and most loved dish ever since. I hope you enjoy making it.

Potatoes sabji 
Ingredients

4-5 Medium sized Potatoes
10 Broken cashews
10 Golden raisins
2-3 Curry leaves
2-3 tbsp Oil.
1 tsp Cumin seeds
5 Sprigs of Cilantro

Spices:
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
   1 tsp Chilli powder
1/4 tsp Gharam masala
   2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste.

   Boil the potatoes in a pot or in the microwave. The potatoes should be cooked completely.


    Once the potatoes are boiled, cool , peel and cut into cubes. Placed the cubed potatoes in a bowl.
    Add all the spices listed under spices to the potatoes.

In a thick bottomed pan, add 2-3 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds, in a few mins the cumin will turn golden. Add that moment, add the cashews, raisins and curry leaves. Sautee for a few minutes until the cashews are golden and the raisins have plumped up.



Now add the already spiced potatoes into the pan. Then stir and cook until the spices have blended into each other.

Garnish with chopped coriander.



Enjoy with roti !!!






4 comments:

  1. looks Yummy Priyanka!! I love potatoes and I call it the "magical veggie" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raji :) that is true, potatoes are so versatile

      Delete
    2. All time favorite in any combination :)

      Delete

Please take some time and leave me your valuable comments. Thanks