Thursday, March 1, 2012

Masoor Dal Soup

Off late, We are trying to have a healthy dinner with soup and salad. I tried this soup out of Tarla Dalal's recipe book and it tastes really good. This soup is very filling as it has dal, rice and vegetables in a pureed form.  To make this soup you ll need

* 1/2 cup masoor dal (orange colored dal)
* 1/4 cup rice
* 1/2 cup  red onion 
* 1/2 cup green capsicum
* 1/2 tomato
* Milk - 1/2 cup
* Water - 1/2cup
* Salt - to taste
* Pepper - to taste

1.Wash the dal and rice . Pressure cook with vegetables in 1 1/2 cups of water. 
2. Once the pressure has reduced, open the cooker and mash the contents using a hand blender. If it gets too thick add water to blend. All the ingredients must be mashed completely.
3. Add the 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of water now and bring to boil. If the mixture is still too thick then add water to bring to flowing consistency. 
4. Add the salt and pepper according to your taste and enjoy !!!.

We usually have this soup with couscous salad.I will post the recipe for that as well, I have not uploaded any pictures but I will very soon once I get my computer sorted out. I hope you enjoy making this soup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take some time and leave me your valuable comments. Thanks